Hilsa Fish Fry Recipe
Hilsa fish, also known as the “King of Fishes,” holds a special place in many culinary traditions, especially in South Asia. One of the most popular and delightful ways to enjoy this prized fish is by frying it to perfection. In this article, we’ll walk you through a step-by-step guide on how to make a delicious Hilsa fish fry that’s crispy on the outside and bursting with flavors on the inside. Whether you’re a seafood enthusiast or someone looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather all the necessary ingredients for the Hilsa fish fry:
- 500g fresh Hilsa fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Oil for frying
- Wash the Hilsa fish fillets thoroughly and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt to form a smooth marinade.
- Rub the marinade evenly over the fish fillets, ensuring they are well coated. Let the fish marinate for at least 30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
Preparing the Coating
- In a separate bowl, mix rice flour and cornflour to create the coating for the fish.
- Dip each marinated fish fillet into the dry mixture, making sure it’s coated thoroughly on both sides.
Frying the Hilsa Fish
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. The oil should be hot enough for frying, but not smoking.
- Carefully place the coated fish fillets into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden and crispy. This should take about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once fried, remove the fish from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
Your delectable Hilsa fish fry is now ready to be served! Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with slices of lemon and green chutney on the side. This crispy and flavorful delicacy pairs wonderfully with steamed rice, naan, or as a delightful appetizer for any special occasion.
Hamour fish, also known as “Grouper,” is a popular catch found in the Arabian Gulf and surrounding regions. It is highly regarded for its firm, white flesh and mild flavor, making it a favorite among seafood aficionados. Whether grilled, fried, or baked, Hamour fish offers a delightful dining experience that satisfies the palate of seafood enthusiasts.
Salmon fish needs no introduction as it is one of the most sought-after fish globally, thanks to its rich, flavorful taste and numerous health benefits. This oily fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and essential vitamins. From sushi to grilled fillets, salmon offers versatility in the kitchen and promises a culinary experience that’s both delicious and nutritious.
The Hilsa fish fry recipe is a perfect blend of traditional flavors and contemporary cooking techniques. This classic dish will undoubtedly win the hearts of seafood lovers and food enthusiasts alike. So, roll up your sleeves, head to the kitchen, and treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful feast with this mouthwatering Hilsa fish fry!